Friday 6 May 2016

Our First Week in Room Five

Students Voice:

This week we have been focusing on the word like. This is what we have liked about our week....
I liked the fitness - Ismaiah
I liked the blocks - Jahzelle
I liked building the castle together - Bella
I liked playing the soccer games - Sienna
I liked making the castle - Sophia
I liked running at fitness time - Alea
I liked being star of the day - Margarita


Teacher Voice:
It has been a great week with everyone working hard.  There has been a lot of information that the children have taken on board remarkably well.  This week in writing, we have been learning to draw our ideas in our book so that we have some ideas to write about. The children are learning where to start writing and have tried to write down some initial letter sounds already.  I hope you have enjoyed reading with your child their little home reader.

Next week we are focusing on the words can, the and letter sounds b, g, d.

In maths, we have been reinforcing our number knowledge with a range of activities. Come in and see our math octopi.

In inquiry, we have looked at the Sunnybrae value of cooperation.  Here we are cooperating with each other to build something together.



No comments:

Post a Comment